Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Great Escape!

Jack loves cars. As you see here he is eating his breakfast with his car in his hand.

So cute!! I just want to kiss him 1,000 times. :)

Daddy taught Emma who her favorite Braves players are. Of course they are Brian McCann and Chipper Jones!! She had her picture made last year with Brian at an autograph signing. Brian was very nice. I saw this T-shirt at the store and it is a Chipper Jones t-shirt so of course I had to get it for her. Emma loves her daddy so much!!

Emma on the swing that Pa and Grandpa built for their Christmas present. Thank you Pa and Grandpa!!!

Jack sitting in Emma's Elmo chair.

This morning we heard Jack stirring in his crib. I got up to go and get him, but before I got there, we heard a big THUMP! And then crying from Jack. YIKES!! That is a scary sound. Jack jumped out of his crib onto the hardwood floors. We remember this sound from about a year ago as Emma tried the Great Escape several times. Last year I was freaking out because Emma kept climbing out of her crib. I asked everyone I know what they did. My next door neighbor Kate told me that she just firmly told her son that he was not to climb out of his crib. I thought that was the craziest idea and would never work since Emma is a typical red head! Well to our surprise this worked!!! She is now 30 months old and has not done it since. Hopefully this same technique will work with our Jack.
Tennis Update:
Bobby and I went to playoffs for our T-2 match and won the first round, but lost the second. We were both having an off moment. What stinks is that we almost won and we were playing bad.
My ALTA team were division champs!! We won the first round of playoffs, but we are going to have to forfeit this weekend due to the fact that most people are on our USTA team and we are going to Rome this weekend for our State championship matches. On Friday we play two matches. One at 11am and the other at 3:30, Saturday we play at 8:00 and 12:30, then Sunday we play a match at 9:30 and if we are the winners then we play again at 2pm. That is TONS of tennis. I have never played that much tennis in such a short amount of time. It will be lots of fun though.

1 comments:

The Rice's said...

Happy Mother's Day! Love, Jenn