Friday, May 30, 2008

We miss you grandma!



Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of Bobby's moms passing. There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of her and wish that she was still here to love on my children. Emma was only 6 months old when she passed and Emma was the apple of her Grandma's eye. We have pictures of Carol around our house and I always quiz her about who everyone is in the pictures so she knows who her Grandma is. Well yesterday Emma mentioned her Grandma 3 different times. She saw this glass bowl and she said "mommy is this glass". I said yes Emma, please do not touch that cause it can break. She said "yes mommy I know, I broke Grandma's glass". She has not broken any glass at our house so I thought she must have broken something at Grandpa's house. Bobby called his dad and she did not break anything there. Kinda weird. Later she picked up a banana and said "Grandma and Grandpa are on the phone, do you want to talk to them"? A little later, we were playing this game what is better than Emma-More Emma, what is better than Daddy-More daddy. She normally goes through all the people that she knows, Mommy, Daddy, Jack, Mimi, Pa, Uncle Greg, Aunt Danna, Grace, Laney, Davis, Aunt Laura, Baby Anna, Aunt Michelle, Baby Caroline, Penny, John, etc. So she said Who is better than Grandpa-More Grandpa. Then she said who is better than Grandma, More-Grandma. She normally does not talk about Grandma unless we bring it up.
More Craziness- Today we went to the park with some girls from my Bible study and their kids and my friend Jessie and her son Austin. Well I look over at Emma and is hugging this lady. The lady told me that Emma kept waiving at her and saying hello. I look over a few minutes more and she is handing the lady a toy airplane. She was totally infatuated with this lady. Well a few minutes later she walked over to me and told me that Emma was calling her Grandma! The lady looked VERY similar to Carol. She had the same blond hair and style as Carol and she was thin and her name was CAROLINE. How strange is that? Emma thought that this lady was her Grandma!!!!!!! I did not have the heart to tell her that that was not her Grandma.

0 comments: