Saturday, November 15, 2008

Halloween and Emma's 3rd Birthday Party-In reverse order.

My dad with Grace, Davis and Aunt Danna.

Emma and Paige blowing out Emma's candles.

Here is the cake that I made for Emma. She wanted a princess cake.

Austin, Paige and Jake sitting at the table at NP mall.

Emma, Jack and all their cousins! Davis, Grace and Laney! Next year there will be one
more at that table. Who would have known that my parents would have 6 grandkids!

Laney, Grace and the back of Jack's head.

Laney, Jack, Grace, Austin and Paige. Notice how Emma and Jake
are missing from all the pictures? Neither had a nap earlier that day!

Jessie and Austin with his bear.

Laney, Jake and Emma giving their new bears a good washing.

Emma and her empty bear.

Aunt Danna and cousin Davis.

What a little cutie. Emma's cousin Davis.

Laney and Grace standing in line to give Emma a heart for her bear.

Jack, Emma, Grace and Laney receiving their hearts for their bears.

Jake taking it all in.

Paige with her Daddy and Mommy.

Jack, Jake and Emma at the beginning of Emma's party.

Emma on Halloween night enjoying her favorite treat!

This is me trying to dress Jack for Halloween and Jack giving me a fit because
he does not like his costume! He ended up going as himself in his regular clothes!

Emma and Jack getting ready for Halloween.

We celebrated Emma's birthday party last weekend at Build a Bear at the Mall. She had 8 of her friends there. I actually think she was a little young for this party this year but they all had a great time! Emma and Jake missed out on their naps earlier so they were in their own world most of the time. We reserved some tables at the food court and they did an awesome job. They set up two small tables with two L-shaped tables to put the food on and for the adults to eat at. They also roped off the area for us and and gave us place mats that said Happy Birthday Emma. How adorable! They also gave us some carousel passes and all the kids got to ride. They loved it.
On Halloween night I was trying to get Jack dressed in his lion costume. He threw a fit. He did not like the fake lions feet that were on top of his feet. I tried to get him dressed in his costume, but he would just not have it. I finally gave up and just dressed him in some warm clothes. Emma of course loved her princess dress. She got to wear it earlier in the week to choir practice at church. All the people there was telling her how much they loved her dress. She was so happy. This year we went trick or treating again with our neighbors Kate and Stephen. We are sad that they are moving soon to start their own church in Denver Colorado. We wish them much luck in their endeavor and will miss having such a great neighbor.

This past week I have been super busy studying for a test that I should have taken 5 years ago. I had the option of taking a Human Growth and Development class or taking a CLEP test to exempt me taking the lass. Well of course I choose the test option since one class costs about $1500 and the test is only $90. Well My test was on Thursday and I did not realize it until the night before, but if I did not pass the test I would not be able to retake the test for 6 months. That means that I would not graduate in December, but next spring! Oh the pressure! I was the only person taking the test in this room and I pushed the button at the end and up popped a score of 55. I thought I failed. I went up to the lady and told her that I got a 55 and thought I failed. Well she said, wait a minute and let me print out your sheet and we will see. My heart is pounding out of my skin. I am so nervous. The sheet finally printed and she told me that I need to get a 50 to pass and I got a 55!! I started crying because I was so filled with emotions. Excitement and Relief! The lady handed me a tissue and I let her know that she made my day. So now the only thing I have left for my Masters degree is one more observation and turning in my portfolio. I have gotten all great reviews on my observations and my portfolio is just about finished. I only have 3 weeks of student teaching left with one of those weeks being Thanksgiving week in which I only work 2 days! Yeah! I will miss my students so much. They are adorable. All of them keep asking me if I am going to teach 3rd grade so that I can be their teacher next year. Two weeks ago, Emma got a mild case of the stomach and I felt like I was going to get sick, but never did. I called in sick the next day and hung out with my kids. Wow, I had no idea how much that I missed them!


0 comments: