Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's a ....... and my rant about why Obama is a HORRIBLE choice for America!

Nice profile picture of our baby.

This is a 3-D picture with our babies hand over his head
and his other hand looking like he is about to suck his thumb.

This is the 2nd picture to confirm gender.
This is a cross section-looking down into his lap.

This is the first gender picture that she showed us. This is looking from underneath.


Today we went and paid for an ultrasound at 16 weeks. I just cannot stand it, I had to know what we were having. I was 110% sure we were having another girl. I feel like I am carrying way low like I did when I was pregnant with Emma. When I was pregnant with Emma I had lots of energy, was working full time and driving to Athens for grad school two nights a week. When I was pregnant with Jack, I was so tired I could hardly stand it. I had to take a nap everyday or I could not function. Well during this pregnancy, I am feeling great! I am doing my student teaching now and get up everyday at 6a.m. and am on my feet most of the day. I have lots of energy. I do go to bed around 8:30-9, but I did that when I could with my first two pregnancies. So today we went to a paid ultrasound service close to our house. It only cost $75 for a gender determination. My mom came with us to help out with the kids and to be there when we found out. The ultrasound tech was trying to get a good view, but the baby kept moving. She said that she thought she saw something. I said, did you think you saw girl parts? Cause I was sure that it was a girl. She said no, she thought she saw boy parts, but was not sure because the umbilical cord was around there. So she kept trying to get a good picture. Well a minute later she spotted what she thought was a pretty clear picture of boy parts and told us that we were having a boy! I still was not convinced. She did some 3-D shots (which weren't that great because our baby is only 16 weeks!). Then she went back to 2-D shots and got a cross section shot of between the legs. Well you could definitely see that there was something there! It's a BOY!!!!!!!!! I started crying. Bobby and I are so excited. I am still in shock. I was so sure that it was another girl. We have 2 names picked out that we like, but we are just not 100% sure on the name yet.

My Rant!
I just cannot stop thinking about this election. How is America so fooled by Obama??????? The only thing he is is an eloquent speaker. I have to say that I am literally scared that he will be president in January. He is going to be our commander in chief. He has NO experience!!!!!! How is he supposed to help our country? Oh, wait, I know, his solution is to punish the people who are successful by penalizing them with extra taxes and giving it to the lazy people in this country who pop out kids, sit on the lazy butts all day and have no drive to do anything. This just infuriates me! My parents raised me to be a hard working driven person. I started working at Chickfila when I was 16. I worked there for 6+ years. My first two years of college I worked full time while I was going to school. Then I transferred to UGA and got a job at Jennings Mill Country Club while continuing to come home on some weekends and working at Chick fil a. During spring break, summer break and winter break I would come home and get in as many hours as I could so that I would have some $$. I got a waitressing job at a restaurant downtown Athens my second year there. It was good cause since I was a business major most of my classes were on north campus and I could just walk to work after my morning classes. I was still coming home on the weekends to work when I needed the money. After graduating, I got a job at $3 cafe. A few months later I got a job at a company that sold ziplock type bags. I worked there AND $3 for 5 years. I got a job at E*Trade Financial and quit the bag company, but stil worked at $3. I finally gave up on $3 a few months into working at E*Trade because we were working 60 hr+ weeks. We were so busy. I worked there for over 6 years and while I was working full time there, I went back to school and got my Masters degree. I quit working to raise my daughter. It was really hard for me. I have never been at home all day. Having a newborn is lots of work. But, after only being home for 4 months, I took care of two of my friends babies while they finished up with their teaching for the year. When I was done with that, I started my own embroidery business. So I have 2 kids under the age of 3 and started my own business. So do you think I support a man who wants to punish hard work by taking away wages of hard working Americans and give it to people who sit on their rears all day???? That really infuriates me. The next thing that infuriates me about Obama is his stance on Abortion! He spoke out against a law that would require Dr.'s to revive a newborn if a person went in for an abortion and the baby was alive!! He is also for partial birth abortions. And people voted for him. I just don't get it. There are so many people in this country that cannot have children that want to adopt and would make great parents. If you want to adopt a healthy baby in the US, there is over a 2 year wait. It also infuriates me that the media is so biased towards Obama. I watched CNN one day and I counted them talking about Obama in 10 different stories and they were all positive, but they had 2 about McCain and only one was semi positive. All of the other stations and newpapers were very similar in their stories EXCEPT Fox News. That is the only station that I could stand to listen to. I heard a speech that Joe Biden gave about how corporations were making record breaking profits. He said that this was horrible and that they needed to "share the wealth". (This comes from a man who made $320,000 last year and only donated $995 to charity!!! In the past 10 years combined he has only donated $3,690 to charity.) I just have a question, if they share the wealth, who gets that money? The government doesn't just put it in our pockets, they tax the corporations so the government gets the money. Doesn't this sound like the definition of Socialism?? I looked it up and this is the definition of Socialism-Any of various theories or systems of social organization in which the means of producing and distributing goods is owned collectively or by a centralized government that often plans and controls the economy. Our nation was founded on the principals of free markets, not socialism! Another thing that I do not agree with is socialized medicine. When did medical coverage become a right and not a benefit from working? After I graduated from college I did not have health care so what did I do? I was responsible and bought emergency coverage. My parents are only working right now so that they have health insurance, but do you think that they are for Obama's plan, HECK no. Next, Obama went to Iraq for a visit to the troops, but our cousin who was stationed there was there and said that he cared so little about the troops that he did not even bother to visit them at all. Of course all the media covered it and had a positive spin on his visit to Iraq. Our cousin needless to say did not vote for Obama either. We cannot just pull our troops out of Iraq and leave those people high and dry. I believe that it is our responsibility to get them back on their feet so that they have a semi-stable government and will be our ally in the future. Another issue that is a deal breaker is Obama's spiritual mentor Rev. Wright. Here is a direct quote from him: "The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes a three-strike law and then wants us to sing 'God Bless America.' No, no, no, God damn America, that's in the Bible for killing innocent people," he said in a 2003 sermon. "God damn America for treating our citizens as less than human. God damn America for as long as she acts like she is God and she is supreme." Then he goes on to blame America for the 9/11 bombings. If my pastor ever said anything like that, that would have been the last time that I saw him!! The next thing that bothers me about Obama is his association with known terrorists. He started his campaign in the living room of Bill Ayers. A known terrorist against the United States. Bill Ayers quote "I don't regret setting bombs...I feel we didn't do enough." He set several bombs in the early 1970's. The Department of Justice also found Barack and Michelle Obama's name on a "friends" list of the company Kindheart. This busines was founded by Hatem El-hady. The feds came in and closed this company down because "KindHearts is the progeny of Holy Land Foundation and Global Relief Foundation, which attempted to mask their support for terrorism behind the façade of charitable giving," said Stuart Levey, Treasury Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence.
I could go on and on and on but I would like to spend some time with my family now. It really saddened me that this choice has been made for our country. The captain of my tennis team sent me this quote and I love it.

You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.

You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.

You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.

You cannot lift the wage earner up
by pulling the wage payer down.

You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.

You cannot build character and courage
by taking away people's initiative and independence.

You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.
- William J. H. Boetcker

0 comments: