Thursday, April 24, 2008

YIPPPEEEEEEE!! We are so proud.

This week we have been working on potty training Emma. I bought an Elmo video which she watched. I also got an Ernie potty book that we have been reading. In both these things they show a little potty. I was adamant about not buying a little potty cause I did not want to re-train her to use a real potty. Anyways, I broke down and brought her to the store and let her pick out her potty. She loves it. She likes to sit on it. Of course I still have to bribe her a bit. For the past two days she has sat on the potty, but nothing. I read book after book and nothing. Well tonight we went to dinner and her pull up was dry so I know it had to be soon that she had to go. So I told her that I would give her a lollipop if she would sit on the potty in front of the TV and put on Little Einsteins. Well it worked. About 10 minutes after sitting there she said "Mommy I pooped!" Bobby and I are so proud of her. I am hoping that this continues tomorrow. If she uses the potty one time tomorrow I will be so excited.
Emma has also been doing this really funny thing for a while now. If we put her in her crib for a nap or for bed and she hears us sneeze, she asks us if we are ok. She will ask us over and over again if we are ok if we do not answer her. I am not sure why she thinks something is wrong, but she does. Now anytime we sneeze she asks us if we are ok. I think this is so funny. She also has started noticing more sounds. Tonight she asked me what noise was outside. It was a cricket chirping. Every time a plane flies by she tells me that there is a plane high in the sky.

0 comments: