Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of Student Teaching

Jack talking to Mimi on his granola bar "phone"!

Baby Blaire Eva arrived on August 11th! Congrats Erica!!

Today was my first day of student teaching. It went really well. My teacher is awesome and the kids are awesome!! What a great school!! I feel so blessed to be doing my student teaching at Johns Creek Elementary. They have a board that is like a dry erase board, but it is all on the computer which projects onto the board and then you can press on the board and it activate a pen to write with or a highlighter etc. Kinda like paint. You never have to physically erase the board, you just push a button and it goes away. Pretty cool. This week I am just observing and starting in week 3 I will be teaching one subject.
Yesterday I had a meeting in Athens for my online course and the nanny came over to watch the kids while I was gone and when Emma saw her she said "Hi, Grandma"! It was so cute. We told her again that her name was Germaine, but she insisted that she was grandma. I think it is because she has gray hair. I really have a good feeling about her!

1 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

Those are Promethean boards Gina. THose are awesome. We had them at my school, but I had the kind that you used the pen on a little screen and not on the actual board. Do they have active votes too? YOu can plan a lot of good lessons with those things.