Last week I was teaching a lesson about the Creek and Cherokee Native Americans. We were talking about what are the differences in the Native Americans and modern day life. At first they could not figure out what was different between our lives, but once I gave them a few hints, they thought of a lot more. Then I was telling them about when I was little. Boy, they made me feel old. They are 2nd graders and most were born in 2000-2001. I was telling them that we did not have a tv with remote control when I was little. They asked me how I changed the channel without a remote. Isn't that funny. We only had 4 channels, ABC, CBS, NBC and TBS. My dad considered me the remote control. He always asked my brother and I to change the channel. When I was growing up we did not have computers and laptops. I think I was in 5th grade when our school got it's first computer. All of our telephones had cords and no call waiting. My first friend that got a cell phone was a year after I graduated from college. In college we did not even have email. That seems so weird to me now! So much has changed within the last 30 years!! Now I have a blog and even had my own website to promote my embroidery business. I have since taken it off line since I was doing my student teaching and did not have time for it. Technology is great! Last spring I had someone send me an email with an order and I made it and mailed it to her. Well this was not really her address. The nice people living at that house came by our house and dropped if off a week or two later. Well, by using technology and a great website that tracks IP addresses from the email, I was able to check out where that email came from and it did not come from Roswell at all like the person had indicated. So I know who sent me this fake order. I never confronted this person cause I have a nice sample to use when people ask me what I make, but isn't technology great!
My last day of student teaching was last Friday. I just love my students, school and teacher so much. They are/were wonderful!! My last day of school they threw me a big party. Our room mom ordered a big cookie cake and the kids were telling me all day how much they were going to miss me. One of my students gave me a big UGA ornament for my Christmas tree. Another one gave me some chocolates and some Christmas aromatherapy. It smells so good. Then my teachers got me a little UGA outfit for our baby boy that will be here in April. My room mom gathered some money and bought me 3 sleepers and a cozy blanket for my new baby. It felt like I was having another baby shower! My teacher got me an umbrella with every students thumb print on them as well as their name. She said that I could write down each class that I get in the other sections of the umbrella. That is a cute idea. She also put a scrap book together for me with pictures of all the students as well as the letter that they each wrote to me. The letters were so sweet! I was crying on and off for the last 30mins of school. It does not help that I am pregnant! They were all so sweet to me. I guess when you spend 8 hours everyday with the kids for 16 weeks you get pretty attached. I am going to go back for a visit on Friday next week and bring my kids so that they can see where I taught. It was really a great experience. My graduation ceremony is December 14th, but I am not going to attend. It is in Demorest GA at 2pm. Right in the middle of nap time for my 2 kids!!
Monday, December 8, 2008
Technology & Last day of Student Teaching
Posted by Gina and Bobby at 11:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Great post! technology is awesome! Why didn't you take any pictures of your class?
Post a Comment