Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tivo, Wimbledon and other sporting events!

This weekend Bobby and I went to a wedding in Athens. My friend from Piedmont College Beth got married. It was a beautiful ceremony at the Athens Botanical Garden Day Chapel. My parents kept both kids so we could have the day/night to ourselves. It was so nice to be back in Athens. It is such a beautiful city. This morning we went to brunch with Bobby's friend from Athens Brad, his wife Erin and their son Owen. Owen is such a cutie and was so well behaved at brunch. He is just a month older than Jack. We went to 5 star day cafe which was not there when I went to school, but was when Bobby was there and is one of his favorite restaurants.
Before going to brunch we began watching Wimbledon. We watched the first set, went to brunch and then headed back home. On our way home we called Bobby's dad to check up on the score and were excited to hear that they were in a rain delay and they were only in the 3rd set (we forgot to set Tivo before we left). We were able to swing by our house and set the Tivo before going to my parents to pick up the kids. Bobby and I are doing everything we can to avoid hearing the outcome of Wimbledon. We did not watch the news, listen to the radio, etc. Well at my parents, Bobby was watching the Braves game and Skip Caray of all people announced that Nadal won! Bobby did not tell me who won. So we go to dinner and see two girls on my tennis team and they asked me if I watched it and I quickly told them to hush that I had it on Tivo. So we get home, but the kids to bed and started watching the end of the match. I look on google.com and what do you think is on the headlines??? Nadal wins Wimbledon!!!!!!! Are you kidding me???????? How frustrating. I have to watch it now even though I know who wins, but it is so frustrating.

Last year Bobby and I had a tennis match on a day when UGA played Tennessee and we Tivo'd the game and dropped off our kids with my parents. So we told my dad (who was watching the game) not to tell us the score because we did not want to know what was happening. Well what do you think he said "I'm not going to tell you what happened, but I am going to tell you that you will be disappointed." Ok, what kind of comment is that? He ruined the game for us by telling us who won (of course the game was ruined anyway by the outcome).

We Tivo'd the US Open last summer and we went to dinner, came home and watched the match and Tivo stopped because of the alloted time. Well, the match went longer and we missed the end because the did not tape the next show. How frustrating! So my friend Heather on my tennis team told me that what she does is just tape the next show whenever she is tivoing tennis matches or other sporting events. Good thing I did that today or we would have only caught the middle section of the Wimbledon match.

1 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

YOu guys are goofy

Hey go to my blog and read my meme. I tagged you!