Notice the koozie's that I made for everyone!
Monday night my gal pals went to see B-52's and Cyndi Lauper. It was so much fun!!! Laura got the tickets from her boss at work and then Susan's cousin Candice hooked us up with some delicious food from the Proof of the Pudding. When I was in high school, the B-52's CD rarely left my CD player. I loved their album Cosmic Thing! They played, Rock Lobster, Roam, Bushfire, Private Idaho, a few new ones and of course my favorite Love Shack! They were awesome. Rosie O'Donnell was there and did some stand up. I cannot stand her. I think I watched The View too many times. She was a little funny, but my opinion of her is the same-she is obnoxious! Next up was Cyndi Lauper. She looked and sounded awesome. She played some classics and a few new ones. She played the classics, Time after Time, Girls just wanna have fun, She Bop, Money Changes everything and True Colors. I really enjoyed her new stuff.
Tuesday night I went to dinner at Melissa's house with a few of our small group girls. We had lasagna, rolls, salad, cake and cookies. Yummy. We had some good long talks. It was so good to see everyone.
Emma and Jake holding hands at the Park
Wednesday morning we went to the park with Aunt Susan, Jake & Ben, and Erica & Jack. I took this cute little video of Jake and Emma holding hands. Jake is so cute. He is insistent on holding Emma's hand. That night Jim came over and went to dinner with Bobby and the kids to IHOP and I had a tennis lesson. I hope I play better on Saturday and Sunday than I did on Wed night! Scary.
Impalement
Today I encountered a very scary situation. I was doing some embroidery and my machine has been a little goofy lately and so I have to sit and watch it so that the thread does not wrap around something that it should not and jam up my machine. Jack loves Mickey Mouse and there is a picture of Mickey on my embroidery machine-it is a special Disney edition embroidery machine. So I lifted him on my lap so that he could see Mickey. Well he wanted to touch Mickey. I told him no several times and tried to put him down. He would not have it. He was so tired. I put him down he would start crying, I put him on my lap he would stop. So I put him on my lap and start my machine. So what do you think he did?? Yep, he put his finger directly under my needle and the needle breaks off in his finger. The needle went through his left ring finger. All the way through!! Needless to say, I was freaking out a bit. I call Bobby at work and am thinking I am going to take him to Scottish Rite. Then I realize that it is probably not as bad as I am thinking it is. Jack cried for 2 minutes and then fell asleep in my lap. I call Roswell Pediatrics and spoke with a nurse who consulted with a Dr. She said that there is nothing really that they could do and that I should bring him in only if it gets infected or if he has pain when there is pressure on his finger. When he woke up from his nap, Bobby squeezed his finger gently and it did not even phase him. He is one tough booger!!!
Tonight we went to dinner with our Dad's at El Porton. Well we were done eating and Jim was walking Emma around the restaurant and she told him that she wanted to go pee pee on the potty. Well, Jim came and told me and I thought this was funny because she hasn't pee peed on the potty in a while. But I went along with it and took her to the restroom and put her on the potty. Nothing came out , but it is a step in the right direction! Earlier I tried to put her on the potty and asked her what color undies she wanted to wear, but she would not have anything to do with it. She would only let me put her diaper back on.



1 comments:
Did Laura have one too many already? Look at her koozie. It is upside down
Post a Comment